Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Missing Merit Badges in Scout Book

Last night while verifying eagle eligibility for one of our scouts we discovered that three of his previously earned merit badges were missing in ScoutBook. After digging a little deeper we discovered that we have at least two other scouts missing badges from the same timeframe - Summer/Fall of 2016.

For one of the scouts, I clicked on “Start a new Merit Badge” from the advancement screen, and selected one of the missing merit badges (i.e. Swimming). The badge now shows up on his profile, with all the items checked off with a blue mark (Leader approved/recorded), and all the previous notes are present. However the initial unit leader signature date is missing, the percent complete is showing 0%, and the date completed is missing.

Without making all 45 of our youth members do a personal inventory of badges and reconciling it to ScoutBook how can we find who else are missing badges and restore them?

1 Like

if you post a BSA # of a scout and a MB that is missing or messed up as you explained we can take a look @ShawnSmith

I believe that was the time when scoutbook when from private ownership to BSA ownership so maybe something happened during the transfer?

Member ID’s: 126411494, 126765802, 126148148
All three of the above appear to be missing Swimming, Art, and Fingerprinting.
We have since discovered that several other scouts are also missing Swimming.

My best guess is that many of the badge entered through “Quick Entry” in 2016 are now missing. Other badges from 2016 and earlier NOT using quick entry still seam to appear in the scouts profile.

I just used report builder to get a list of all scouts in the troop w/ or w/o Swimming merit badge. Below is a list of scouts who had previously earned Swimming but it’s now missing from their profile. Two of which have already earned eagle.

126148148 (already earned eagle)
126746745 (Eagle Scout)

@ShawnSmith do you have a moment for me to setup a screenshare?

well they were there 11/2019 cause that Eagle was verified

@ShawnSmith 126148148 does not have Eagle recorded

I’m available. Let me know when you want to jump on.

@ShawnSmith I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

Then it looks like we are having similar issues with Rank records as with Merit Badges.
His board of review was signed off by the council office (BSA Administrator) on 07/27/2021. And badge marked as earned on 08/12/2021 by BSA Administrator.

@ShawnSmith look for the direct message in top avatar (Yellow S) on right side of screen at top

did the developers have any luck overnight?

they are still looking at it is all I know at this point - if you need to correct a Scout for Eagle verify go ahead and do it

team found the problem and is fixing this. Information should catch up across all systems in the next 24-48 hours at the most @ShawnSmith

1 Like