Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Move Aged Out Scout to Adult Roster Mid-Year

We have a scout that has aged-out and basically left the troop. However, they are paid up dues for 2021; we just want to move the scout from the scout portion of the “troop” roster to that of the “adult” membership roster. He did not reach Eagle, unfortunately gave up, so the system won’t automatically move him.

Actually, the system doesn’t automatically move a youth to adult leader unless he or she files an adult application.

There are additional fees for adult applications, so they would likely need to pay for that. I don’t think that youth reg fees “carry over” to offset adult reg fees.

1 Like

@HeideXitco - the best advice is to put an end date on the membership or at the very least unapproved membership. They remain on the roster at my.scouting.org until removed at recharter or remove by registrar if requested.

Youth do not automatically get converted to adult leaders.

The young adult has to fill out an adult application, agree to a criminal background check, have current Youth Protection Training, and the adult leader must be approved by the COR. However, there is no additional fee (unless there is a local council fee) to switch during the middle of the year.

3 Likes

Good to know. I hadn’t thought about the fact that the adult fee is now lower than the youth fee. I seem to recall it being the other way around some time back, but that could be wrong, too.

2 Likes

92U Unit College Scouter Reserve

Position 92U Unit College Scouter Reserve appears to be a unit registration option.

@HeideXitco Check with your council registrar as to how your council handles transfers to position 92U.

While Unit College Scouter Reserve (92U) and Assistant Scoutmaster (SA) are both options for an 18-year-old in a troop, the young adult still has to fill out an adult application, agree to a criminal background check, have current Youth Protection Training, and the adult leader must be approved by the COR.

2 Likes

There are?

Adult volunteer applicants pay a lower registration fee.

Yeah, that was a misfire on my part. I was thinking of the background check costs, which don’t apply to youth, rather than the total bill.

The expectation I had was that the BSA would charge (at least) whatever the cost for the background check is, since that wouldn’t have been part of the costs included with the youth fees.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.