Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Moving an entire troop up a grade

I know I have asked this before but I tried searching and can’t even find my past question. How do I move an entire troop and an entire cubscout pack up a grade level without having to go into each individual account? The Pack is super important because their grade means the rank they are working on, but even with the Troop it is important to keep that up to date? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

You can use the Feature Assistant Extension for Chrome and Firefox to increment the grade of multiple Scouts at one time.

Scoutbook uses the Den a Scout is in to determine the rank a Scout is working towards. The grade does not matter. If you advance the dens by going to Edit Den then clicking Advance Den, the grade of each Scout will be incremented.

With the Dens, I did advance den and it did not affect the grade at all, I had to go in an manually change it. As far as the feature assistant extension I don’t think I know what that is.

Where? In Internet Advancement or Scoutbook?

In Scoutbook it did not advance at all.

To be honest I really don’t look at the grade level of the scouts. Some do but never had a reason to.

Cub Scouting and Scouts BSA are two different programs.

Advancement in Scouts BSA may be fast or slow and is not tied to what school grade the Scout is in.

For more see the mechanics of advancement section in the Guide to Advancement.

This is correct, but there are some requirements that are based on the Scout’s grade. For example: the Cyber Chip award.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.