Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Need help contacting myscouting training IT support concerning YPT

Our group has been retasked to take the YPT before recharter in october!
I retook the YPT test and passed and waited …and waited. Over a week now and I have not been issued a YPT certification that says I took it this year … It just lists my old one. Can someone at BSA Info Tech help me? There appears no way to contact web teams for their site. A tad frustrating.

contact your local council

we tried that little diddy :slight_smile: . Unless the local council developed the national site for YPT course training that will not help. Our scout leaders also mention that too. This is a IT issue at the national site. We have tried but all they do is bring it up the chain with no response back. Scouting IT must have a contact? A ticket support system?

Volunteers can no longer submit tickets - contact your local council for support

1 Like

There is also a related thread here indicating that the issue itself has been escalated to BSA IT.

2 Likes

awesome, thanks, I did a search before I posted but missed keywords I guess.

1 Like