BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Needs Approval Report for Leadership Positions

Please consider including leadership positions to the needs approval report. When leadership positions are changed, they too need to be approved and since they do not show up on the report currently, someone has to go to each scout to hunt down and see which (if any) leadership positions they have that may need to be approved if they do not know exactly who holds what positions.

Thank you!

1 Like

Jonathan - can you provide the guidance that states that POR must be approved. And who does the approval.

Hi, @Stephen_Hornak,

I see what @JonathanNelson1 is getting at. In Scoutbook (not necessarily in Scouts BSA), someone has to go into the Scout’s record and mark the PoR approved in order for it to show up. If I understood his request, it was to get some sort of flag for leadership that indicates that there are PoRs to be approved in Scoutbook.

ETA: This might even be handy when dealing with adult leadership positions.

I see said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This type of feature would be a great add. I have not been able to find a way to sort/list leadership positions unless you hunt each scouts record.

I am not sure what you are trying to do, but there are different ways to list leadership positions.

One way is to use Roster Builder (available via Troop Roster -> Print Roster). Select the entire unit or select individual patrol(s). Under Settings select:

-Show Scouts
-Show Den/Patrol
-Show Positions

If you use the Feature Assistant Extension for Scoutbook, you can sort by Den / Patrol by clicking on the column header.