Needs purchasing sorting

Would like to be able to sort the Needs Purchasing report, name/rank/den.

1 Like

@KeithKnight - there is a check box to organize by den/patrol in the purchase order. and a drop-down to group by scout. I guess you are looking for more options but not sure of the need.

Corrected to state that the options are in the purchase order itself and not in the initial needs purchasing page.

1 Like

I don’t see the drop-downs for Needs Purchasing. I do see it for by Scout and by Award in the PO, or by Scout/Den or by Award in Needs Awarding.

How are you getting the options in Needs Purchasing?

1 Like

Yes, I know of those but that doesn’t really help when creating the list of awards.

1 Like

@KeithKnight - would you be looking at this for the presentation phase of the process ? If so, I use the cub scout recognition report and scouts BSA recognition report for that purpose.

1 Like

No, I use the recognition report for that as well. I receive emails with the what awards are needed for their den (for 15 dens), and then check the pack stock (from the previous advancement chair over ordering). The needs awarding as at least done by rank by default and is much easier to navigate.

1 Like

In the Purchase Order, if you select “Organize by Den” and “Group by Scout”, that should be pretty similar.

1 Like

If you are trying to compare what is needed vs. what you have on hand, I would think the list sorted by award would be easier to use. Does it really matter that Johnny and Matt both earned Baloo the Builder or that you had 2 earn it, in which case you only need to purchase 1?

I had a similar situation when I took over purchasing awards for my pack. The previous awards chair gave me his stock of awards. I immediately returned anything that still had a bar code to the Scout Shop for a refund, then only purchased what I needed each month.

3 Likes

At that point it is too late. I’m not looking to sort things after I have created the PO.

1 Like

Help me understand this a little better. I think you are suggesting that you don’t want to add items you already have to the PO… or maybe you’ll create a separate PO for the items you have. Correct?

But I’m not sure how sorting by scout name helps with that. Or do you mean award name?

1 Like

Since you don’t want to create the Purchase Order first, I suggest using the Recognition Report to generate the list then us it to determine which items to leave off the purchase order.

I doubt BSA IT would put a high priority on sorting the Needs Purchasing report.

1 Like

I guess that’s why everyone is different. I prefer to work by dens, and when working by dens I’m constantly scrolling up and down. For example, this month the Tigers worked on Curiosity, Intrigue, & Magical Mysteries as well as Tiger Tag. If I could sort the needs purchasing report by den I could knock out all the Tigers without all the scrolling, since I prefer to work by dens.

1 Like

I think, at least for me, it would be easier if the needs purchasing report looked like the needs awarding report.

1 Like

@KeithKnight - are you new at this task? I started out in 2010 with an abundance of the sports and academics program pins and loops and followed this:

Send all items to a PO, at that point I could sort as needed by creating a csv file. At that point I could highlight my need to award from my need to buy. In all honesty having an inventory on hand is your worst enemy for keeping things simple. At this point 10 years later, I have nothing on hand.

2 Likes

No, I’m not new. I’m well aware that I can sort things after the fact. That is not what I put in a feature request for.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Cyber Chip - Recharge Required?

I will add your request to the backlog but I would not expect to see it be released for the foreseeable future. As I said earlier, I do not believe this will be give a high priority.

1 Like

You just solved a big headache for me. I am returning stuff rather than keeping the old inventory I inherited!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.