Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.

Scouting Forums

Needs purchasing

I am the new Troop advancement chair and cannot access Needs Purchasing. I can access Needs Approval and Needs Awarding and am able to save changes in each.

I have used all 3 as Pack Committee Chair for years but cannot get into Needs Purchasing for the Troop. Any ideas? Thanks!

A Key 3 or unit admin needs to make you a unit admin is simplest answer

@MelissaScott1 You need a Troop Admin to approve your Advancement Chair role in Scoutbook.

Another option would be to have one of the troop’s Key 3 or a Key 3 Delegate log in at my.scouting and use the Organization Security Manager to designated you as Unit Advancement Chair there. (Please note that functional roles such as Key 3 Delegate and Unit Training Chair expire at the end of each charter year and have to be re-designated.)

Thank you so much for the information. I will contact the Troop Admin and let them know.

Sorry, I just corrected a typo in my post above. I said Unit Training Chair, but I meant Unit Advancement Chair.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.