Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

New Activity Logs - OA eligibility report

With the Activity logs having moved moved to IA, did the OA eligibility report move there as well? WE are having elections within the next month.

@Roscoevan_Muylwyk - the OA report remains where it is.

The OA eligibility report is being reworked to point to the new logs. Watch the Scoubook Change Logs for an announcement.

Thanks Ed - I was noting that the report itself has not packed up and moved.

Ed:

Any idea how long the developers think this issue will take to resolve? We are in the midst of our unit elections (thanks to COVID-19) so this issue directly affects all our Scoutbook units whose elections have been postponed due to the pandemic. In my role as the Lodge unit elections adviser, I am about to send out an alert to all our Chapter Advisers so they are aware of the issue so any information you can share will be appreciated. I have also alerted Mike and Matt at National.

If you want to handle this off the forum, you can email me (I think you have my email)

Chuck Olson
Unit Relations Adviser
Egwa Tawa Dee Lodge

1 Like

This is similarly true for Tiwahe lodge. I’d like to be able to pass the word along there as well. At least I can warm them at the LEC Monday night that the previous process won’t work until further notice.

1 Like

We have told the report team this needs to be a top priority. I don’t know how long it will take to finish.

The legacy report will still work off the old data. It just won’t know about anything you have added since the activity logs were moved.

1 Like

Charlie:

Egwa Tawa Dee Lodge adopted the following policy shortly after we shut down in-person unit elections on March 13:

BlockquoteBecause units are not able to do camping trips right now, it is possible that some Scouts who had enough camping nights to be eligible to be elected this year, may loose camping nights due to the requirement that only camping nights that occurred within two-years of the date of the election can be counted. Programs like Scoutbook and TroopMaster automatically calculate OA eligibility based on that rule.
Any Scout who had the required 15-nights of camping during the period of January 1 to March 31, 2020 and was otherwise qualified and approved by the unit leader will remain qualified until the end of this year’s in-person election period.

If you would like a copy of our election bulletin in which we announced it, send an email to unitrelationsadviser@aacegwa.org and I will send it to you.

I have emailed the National Chairman and National Staff Adviser to alert them to the issue.

Thanks, Chuck. I believe our LEC has a policy in place addressing the situation as well.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.