Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

New leader in Scoutbook Pending with no email address

Found a new leader registered today, showing pending. Tried to send a invite but the email address is changeyouremail@scoutbook.com. How do I connect with this person?

Is the person a leader on your roster? If they haven’t connected to their account yet, unit admins used to be able to change the email address once they appeared on your roster. I haven’t had this happen in a while, so I’m not sure if it still works.

You (or possibly the leader) would need to talk to scoutbook.support@scouting.org to update the associated email address. Your council registrar might also be able to do it, but I’m not sure if that works after the account is created.

Thank you, I tried to edit but his email address is associated with another registration. I assume he has a second BSA ID.

I’d add the account associated with the existing email to your roster. I suspect that account has all of the leader’s information, and they were added as a “new” person record, instead of as a transfer registration with an existing BSA ID. Then, you should be able to start the process of having the two accounts merged with scoutbook.support@scouting.org.

That said, you may need to submit the bug report via the JIRA interface rather than email due to this:

Good luck!

ETA: Actually, you might want to check with the leader as to whether or not the email address is shared (e.g. with another parent). In that case, the leader needs a unique email address.

Thanks Charley,

This was a new registration completed using the online process. He originally registered with a Boy Scout Troop via the online registration but completed his Youth Protection in May and I do not know they got linked together. The email is not shared and I have never seen an email address put into Scoutbook that way before.

Thanks again for your help.

Ed

He should be able to log in using his my.scouting.org log in

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.