BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

New scout

I had a new scout join through beascout.org and accidentally join my girl troop because they recognized my name. Got them transferred to the boy troop where I am admin and assistant scoutmaster. I am trying to connect him to the other key 3 in the boy troop but it isn’t letting me in scoutbook.

Can you describe what you are seeing when you try to connect him? Any error messages?

If you are an admin on the boys troop, go to the troop roster, scroll to the bottom of the list of scout and click transfer in scout.

Hi I did try that but it requires a BSA member number and I do not have that as it was not sent/delivered to me before the transfer. I can see him on the list for connections but any time I click to connect it says he’s not in and offers to delete him. I see his first name and Last initial.

this is my attempt at connections manager

Can one of the boy troop’s Key 3 (Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, or Chartered Org. Rep.) get his BSA ID number? They should be able to get it from my.scouting.org using the Application Manager.

There is a filter icon (looks like a funnel) at the bottom right of the Application Manager that has to be used to select Completed applications within a specified date range.

When you click on his name, and then his membership, what does that look like?

So I have the scout number and it still doesn’t work.

@TiffanyDvorak please provide the following

I cant click on his membership because when I click his name I get this:

Tiffany,

Please send an e-mail to scoutbook.support@scouting.org with the Scout’s name, your name, council and unit. Admins are supposed to be automatically connected to all Scouts in the unit. We need the developers to look into the issue.

Please post the SSD number you receive in the subject of one of the automated replies here so we can pass it on to the developers.

Scoutbook Support Incident SSD-83224

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.