Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

No access to troop but I've been added help

Ok so Our Troop is learning scoutbook. I am a assistant scoutmaster and my scoutmaster has tried to allow me access so I can help since I used it for our cub pack. When I access troop all I can see is roster and that Im.not linked to anyone but one of my sons. I can click send messages where you can see me listed as Key 3 Delegate, troop admin and assistant scoutmaster.

So what are we missing? Is there a box or something I need to check off. Does our scoutmaster need to do something different?

Thanks for any help

Ross Reichman
Troop.89 B.
Barrett Pa

you need connections to scouts established in unit roster > connection manager - an admin needs to do this

Ok I will have him do that as well. Confusing part is to me is since I’m made a troop admin already shouldnt that mean I have the ability to connect people including myself?

Ross

Being the troop admin does not automatically create the connections to the youth in the Troop.

If you’re using the Feature Assistant Extension, you can edit the default connection for each membership type once, and the extension will update everyone’s connections.

You have 2 Scoutbook accounts, so that might be part of your issue. Also, your ASM position is not approved. If you are a Troop Admin you should be able to approve it.

1. Go to the Troop Roster page in Scoutbook.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Assistant Scoutmaster position.
  4. Check the box next to “Position Approved”
  5. Click Update.

Repeat the steps above for your Troop Admin role and that should reset your admin connection to all Scouts in the troop.

Thanks to your help we have this fixed and I have access now. Thanks everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.