Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

One person as IH and COR

I’ve searched online but cannot find the answer. I know that the COR can be a CC or MC at the same time. But can the IH of the CO be the COR, too? Thanks in advance.

I think so. The institutional head is not a registered position.

1 Like

From July 2019 version of REGISTRATION GUIDEBOOK OF THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA page 14 section No-Fee-Required Registrations “Executive officer and Lion and Tiger adult partner positions do not require a registration fee because they are not registered adult leader positions. These positions also do not require a completed BSA adult application and are not submitted for a criminal background check. While Youth Protection training is not required for adults holding these positions, it is recommended for all participating adults.”
I have been designated Institutional Head for Scouting by my CO & I am also the COR so on the MYST membership rosters for all 3 units I show up as IH & COR, so I would say yes to the question.

3 Likes

Thank you so much. Your reference is very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed after 16 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.