Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Outdoor Activity Award Requirement 1

For the outdoor activity award does anybody know if going to a family club weekend event qualifies for requirement one which is a scout must attend a Cub Scout daycamp or Cubscouts/Webelos scout resident camp?

@ElizaArevalo - the requirements say day camp or resident camp. A cub weekend does not meet those requirements.

My interpretation is that it needs to be a day camp or resident camp experience provided by a council. For example, our council (Daniel Webster/NH) features both week long resident camp and day camp programs at Camp Carpenter.

They will have a camp director, program director, and most likely be national camp school accredited in order to count.

I was told by our council that our family weekend meets the requirement because it is held at the scout campground, and has a fire ceremony, flag retirement, skits, shooting sports, rockets, and a stem lab, and is a staffed event. But I know not all family weekends are the same, so I would check with your individual council.

Thank you Shelly, our family/weekend camps do have all of that. We do a lot at these camps so I was surprised to learn they may not fulfill the requirement. Today however I learned that they do. Thank you all for the replies.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.