Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Pack fundraising in the time of COVID

Hello We are trying to come up with creative ways to hold fundraisers in the time of COVID. I know the scouts can NOT solicit donations, correct? But is there a way to do a virtual fundraiser that other packs have had success with? TIA

1 Like

We have been investigating fundraisers with minimal interaction; not necessarily full virtual. One suggestion we saw that we liked and are investigating is First Aid Kits. The option we are looking at does allow for online ordering. I would love to hear some other ideas though.

1 Like

Hello! There are a few that can be successful depending on the demographics of your area and your scouts. I’ve seen a local troop sell t-shirts online that made some money or their troop. The shirts were not scout shirts, but were town pride shirts. They also sold masks. I believe on Custom Ink.

You can hold a ‘virtual’ fishing derby. It’s just a real fishing derby, but individuals submit their pictures online. You can have some trophies and medals for scouts, and non-scouts. You can have an entry fee to participate before the event. Have the event last a week. You can get some decent trophies for under $10 online, You can do pre-orders for custom patches for the event too with a profit margin. It really depends entirely on the demographics of your town on how successful fundraisers like that would be, while also having a fun event.

In some states, a fishing derby is regulated by the state division of wildlife. Recommend you check with appropriate folks for your location. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.