Parent cannot RSVP for events, but can RSVP for scout

Hello,

I have been registered on scoutbook for approximately 6 years, but only recently started using it more because my son is now taking Scouts more seriously and working on advancement, etc. I have 2 issues i need help with:

1. When i am logged in under my email address (BSA ID 13166196), I can access the troop and add advancement stuff, but I am not able to RSVP as myself for events. I am only able to RSVP my scout. I am an ASM and active in our troop (should be current on everything, including livescan). Can someone please let me know how i can fix this so i can use my parent profile in addition to administering my scout’s profile?

2. My scout (BSA ID 132658549) is not able to log in to scoutbook. It says he is already registered and i can see his email address tied to his profile, he just cannot log in. We have tried resetting password, but it does not let him log in. Is there something I need to do to allow him to use his own scoutbook account?

Thanks for your time

On #1 were you invited to the event? It sounds like you are not on the invitee list.

#2 I fixed one small issue I saw. Try log in or forgot password again. Otherwise Council can reset the password for you

Thanks - I can see myself in the invitee list, but nothing happens when i click on myself.

@CharlieCoyle try a private/incognito window

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 12.18.47 PM

Does it show like this with a blue Question?

Ok i just logged in using an incognito tab and same thing. One odd thing is that it does not show my profile picture with my name in the invitee list. Event ID is 4403466 as an example (not sure if you can see our events)

Blue question mark, but my picture doesnt appear

You have 2 SB Users - I will fix

Thanks so much for your help!

@CharlieCoyle you need to use your my.scouting.org username to log in - NOT your email - that is for Scoutbook. Discourse. All of it

How can I find what that user ID is?

I will send you a direct message > look at top right Avatar to find it > it will be a green dot with a number 1 > it will be a private message channel with select members of the Scoutbook User Advisory Council (SUAC)

1 Like

Ok now i am logged in, but i do not see my name on any of the even invitee lists anymore

Looks like i have two BSA IDs 13166196 and 12790081 - Can these be merged @DonovanMcNeil ?

Thanks again for your help

I put them under management - look at my.scouting.org > Menu > Manage Member ID - the 081 is the important one. I was not sure what would happen with the calendar invites, admin can add them back in

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.