BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Parent Updating Cubs RSVP in Events

Hello,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if we are an anomaly. Our parents are trying to RSVP for their cubs to events, however, the parents who are linked and have full access to the cubs cannot modify their RSVP. They can only update their own personal/parent availability. Any ideas who to allow parents to rsvp for their cubs?

1 Like

Steven, I would go into the event and reset the invitees first to see if that fixes your problem. If that doesn’t work, there is probably something wrong with the parents’ connections with their children. Sometimes even though the parent appears to be connected, there is some kind of disconnect in the underlying code. You would have to contact scoutbook.support@scouting.org to ask that the connection be repaired. One other thing you could try before that is to go into each parent and just hit the update button. Sometimes that will fix connection issues for whatever reason. Hope this helps.

1 Like

I had a similar problem and it was because the scouts had not renewed their memberships after the first of the year. If they were invited to RSVP before Jan and they have not renewed, they still have access to the event.

1 Like

Thank you, I will take a look at both.