Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Permission Slips

I question if formal permission slips are really needed for Cub Scout events if a parent is in attendance. I’m specifically referring to anything off-site, i.e. not your regular den/pack meeting location. Or are they not needed and I am incorrectly assuming that they are?

If you have signed copies of BSA’s Annual Health and Medical Record, Form A, that should be sufficient if a parent, with access to medical insurance coverage for the Scout, is present with each Scout during outings. Form A is valid for one year from the signature date. Some BSA events require copies of Forms A (and frequently Forms B) for each participant when checking into those events, so you probably won’t get Forms A back. So make sure you have spare signed copies of Forms A. Based upon an earlier topic, electronic signatures on Forms A are acceptable.

Activity Consent Form – The recommended use of this form is for the consent and approval for Cub Scouts to participate in any activity that is not at your regular den meeting location.

1 Like