Please merge account profiles

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this, so please redirect me if this is not it.

I have a adult member of my troop displayed in Scoutbook, my.Scouting, and Internet Advancement with Member Id 14171434. He completed his YPT training yesterday, but his YPT certificate shows 13718279, so I am still seeing his YPT as expired in my reports.

Is it possible to “merge” these accounts, or otherwise ensure that his completed YPT is associated with 14171434?

Thanks.

@PatrickConroy He should be able to use the manage member ID tool in my.scouting.org to add his YPT member number to his account (leaving the other one as primary) assuming both have the same name on them.

@jacobfetzer I will reach out to him and have him give that a try. Thanks!

@JoshuaGoughneour I will merge them - BUT they have different year for DOB - so you will want to take a look at that and get with council to fix if needed

Hi! I also have two accounts I need fixed. Both use the same email address. Council has given us directions to follow but they haven’t worked, and I live an hour from the office so making it up there isn’t the easiest!

~Old leader account (but I was never a leader, only a parent): uses my legal name, Kathleen, with a Middleburg address (over 5 years old); No idea what the ID’s are since I can’t login to this account.

~Current parent account: uses my preferred name (Katie), with a Green Cove Springs address (correct), BSA ID 13867167, SB ID 11884056. I need this one elevated to leader, as I am leading a group of Lions and can’t control anything except my own child.

Both accounts are connected to my daughter, but I can’t access the old account or do leader-y things in my current account. My YPT training is also under my Katie Wood account, not Kathleen Wood.

Thank you so much!!

@KatieWood1 The SB Users are merged, but to be a leader you need to fill out an adult application and turn it in - include your BSA number on it so they do not create another number

1 Like

@DonovanMcNeil yes I did the adult app back in August at our first gathering, but didn’t have my number then so didn’t put it on the application. Thank you so much for your help!! I appreciate it!!

@KatieWood1 OK I found your registered position - let me line everything up

1 Like

@KatieWood1 FN is now Kathleen as that is official - you can change preferred name to Katie under Edit Profile

1 Like

Thank you very much! Now it appears I have an additional issue. He now has identical profiles in two packs (33 and 56). Is there a way to only have one? Pack 56 is his current pack…33 is his old.

@JoshuaGoughneour It will take care of itself when/if the old pack doesn’t recharter him. But you can go to his membership page, click his membership in his old pack, add an end date, and click update.

@DonovanMcNeil, could you help me merge two accounts?

@AndrewBohlin This adult leader’s Scoutbook accounts have been merged.

She will want to log in at my.scouting and double-check her e-mail address (there were 2 different e-mail addresses in the system).

She should be logging in with her my.scouting username – not her e-mail address.

1 Like

We have a member who became a leader and inadvertently created a second account. Can someone merge for me?

BSA ID is 14548528 should be merged into 14342209 please.

Thank you!

@BenThoma This adult leader has different last names under the 2 BSA member numbers.

I would recommend contacting your local council and ask them to consolidate:

Tiger Den Leader
Tiger Adult Partner
user relationships (mother / child, Tiger Adult Partner)

under a single BSA member number.

@JenniferOlinger Okay, I have already sent the registrar an email, so would that take care of it in Scoutbook, too?

@BenThoma Your Registrar or someone else in your local council with access to the Volunteer Support Tools (VST) should be able to merge Scoutbook userIDs. Or we (SUAC) can merge them.

Hello, I need the following THREE accounts merged.

Thanks.

@TyCoker Two of these BSA member numbers have different dates of birth (DOBs).

Okay, how would you like me to fix that?