Please merge account profiles

Hey Donovan, is the issue that sign in with google is being used?

yes @JacobPlennes that User has Google sign on turned on

Also need accounts merged please,

Member ID 110199097
Member ID 135510604 (Currently Active)

Thank you!

@JeremyCasinger that is fixed

Apparently this is a huge issue! I too need 2 accounts merged, 1 has my kids and 1 doesnt. The 1 with my kids says inactive on myscouting but thatā€™s the 1 i want to keep.

Keep 13537046 - has no name or info associated on myscouting but does on scoutbook (makes no sense to me
Merge 13675771

Thank you

@TinaWagner that is fixed

Iā€™m not seeing the update on my side. When I log in to myscouting, the 13537046 still has no details and no YPT. My end result is Iā€™m submitting an application to be a leader and I want everything to be under 1 ID. My kids are under 13537046 and my profile information and YPT is under 13675771. I attempted to link them through the app but it shows the info doesnā€™t match which I assume because 13537046 has no profile information. At this point I really donā€™t care which ID as long as my info, YPT, and my kids are all under the same ID. Just please give me 1 account with everything and delete the other to prevent further confusion

BSA Member IDs Cannot be deleted any more - Call Council and talk to Stacy (registrar) - She and I can work it out for you - I am in LHC too

046 does not even exist it seems? other than the number on a
sb account

@TinaWagner try log out and log in again

Wow, Iā€™m amazed this is still going, but I have a new one to mergeā€¦

The account that needs to remain at the end is 14899219.

The account to merge into it is 14003064.

Thank you!

@BernardCase I took this the other way as the user had training on the second one - user needs to use Sign in with Google

BSA ID: 14400315

This leader had access to his account up until recently. He is a leader for Troop and for Pack. He said: Iā€™m having a hard time getting scout book to work right now. At present, I donā€™t have access to anything except my profile. There are two accounts, but they have the same membership number, and I only have one password. I canā€™t switch between accounts at present"

I see the same thing on my end and I am not sure what the cause is. Can you please check your end and let me know if there is something we can do to fix the issue?

@JamieHaller it seems like that user is trying to log in with their email instead of their my.scouting.org username

Oh, easy fix. That is geat! Ill let him know. Thank you so much again!

Hey Donovan, the parent I messaged about (Member ID: 14582843) is still having trouble signing in and Iā€™m unsure how to help her further. Weā€™ve confirmed her iOS is up to date as well as the app. She has also tried using the website. She has tried logging on with google and tried resetting her password but has not received an email from scoutbook about it. Checked spam also. Do you have any ideas. Or can you PM me to exchange email address info to confirm what you can see on your end?

@JacobPlennes Password resets do not work when a user has sign in with Google (or Apple) turned on, because the BSAā€™s systems cannot reset an external password.

This parent should be logging in with the ā€œSign in with Googleā€ button, her Google name (in this case itā€™s the same as her e-mail), and her Google password.

However, it does look like she has 2 BSA member ID numbers and also 2 Scoutbook accounts.

1 Like

@JacobPlennes I have merged the parentā€™s Scoutbook accounts.

I would recommend contacting your local council and asking them to put all of her registrations (Lion Adult Partner) and user relationships (parent / child) under a single BSA member number.

I tried logging out and in again in both myscouting and scoutbook and still 2 separate IDs. ID ending 046 used to be my account until i had to register my son online vs in person which is where the other number came from. The fact there is no profile to it is because it was attempted to be deleted in a merge process a few years ago. Since it only exists in scoutbook, can everything in scoutbook just be moved to the other numberā€¦i.e. my kids?

You just cannot use your email to sign in - use the ā€œSign in with Googleā€ @TinaWagner -