Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Question

In your opinion is it an easy transition. for an 15 year old Eagle Scout to start venturing?

Really depends on both the Scout and the Unit - most Venture units are not into advancement and that can throw some high achiever Scouts off. But most units are HUGE on leadership, which alot of Scouts love.

1 Like

ok thank you. My son would like to get the highest venture award but he really just wants to do more High Adventure stuff.

HA is venturing - Summit is a high prize and I wish him the best - he should get first rank in about 60 minutes (I wish Scout rank was as easy as Venture rank)

thank you very much.

I have to say “do it” – I wish that all moy co-workers had gone through the Venturing program!

The big difference is there is a lot less micro management. Earn awards, don’t earn them. Most advisors are okay either way.
Find us a sweet spot to camp (or shoot or ride … whatever the crew does) and we’ll sing that venturer’s praises all day long.

It sounds like your scout is up for the challenge. Hope he finds a crew who suits his interests.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.