Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Ranking up In Cub Scouts

I feel like there is a way to move an entire den to the next rank based on the school year, but I can not find the directions. Also, is there a way to move the leader with them? Or do I have to do that separately? Will this automatically change their grade in their profile area?

Go to the Den page then select Edit Den. The Advance Den button moves it to the next rank. The den leader will remain with the den, and if position changes (ex: Tiger Den Leader to Den Leader) that will be done as well. We recommend starting with the Bear den and working your way down to Lion. Webelos Dens do not advance.

I do not recall if the grade is advanced or not. The the volunteer written and supported Feature Assistant Extension for Scoutbook for Chrome and Firefox can advance the grade if Advance Den does not. See Feature Assistant - What is it? for details.

1 Like

@edavignon - I seem to learn something new about the Feature Assistant once a week or so. Advancing the den in Scoutbook does not change the Scouts’ grade in school in their profiles. I did them all one-by-one a few weeks ago. Next year, I’ll know to look at the Feature Assistant for this.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.