Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Recharter fees- financial assistance

What resources are available to Cub Scout families if they can’t afford the new $60 recharter fee? Some families in our Pack have multiple children so it adds up. What are our options? I appreciate any/all feedback.

1 Like

At present, my best recommendation is to reach out to your council professional staff to see what they know. There is a Growing Future Leaders Fund that’s been stood-up by the BSA at the national level, but nobody to whom I’ve spoken know how families in need can access it.

There’s a similar discussion here:

Fair warning, it becomes more than a bit acrimonious in places, since people are pretty upset about the change.

1 Like

I recommend talking to your Chartered Organization as well. They may be able to help you out. Our parish’s Knights of Columbus were able to give us $500 to help the troop with camperships to offset the membership increase.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.