Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Recharter information youth emails

When you work on your annual recharter and update your scouts profiles do you use their personal emails or their parents? I have always used the parents email to avoid any YPT issues. I just hope that the parents pass on the information.
Yes I do have my scouts emails and carbon copy them when communicating with my scouts. Thank you. Stay safe.

Do not enter the parent’s email address. We think that can be a partial cause of the parent and scout accounts getting mixed up in scoutbook.

2 Likes

I viewed a YouTube video posted by the Grand Canyon Council in Arizona. When you contact a Scout by ScoutBook email, a copy of the message is sent automatically to the parent of the Scout to avoid Youth Protection issues.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.