"Record progress" menu is grayed out, can't add new entries?

Hello, I am having trouble recording progress for the pack. I also get an error when I login:
“Due to an encountered error, please be sure to cancel any remaining pending files and re-upload them for processing.”

But, I’ve never imported a file so I’m not sure what it is looking for.

That confused me, too. That message is to notify folks who have previously uploaded files that they may have pending ones that need to be cancelled and re-uploaded before they try to upload a new one.

Has it rejected your upload, or was it that the message seemed to indicate that you couldn’t do so?

I guess that may be unrelated to my issue then because I have no interest in uploading a file, but as the registered Cub Master (who is hopefully getting someone to take over Internet Advancement soon) I should be able to record progress. But I currently cannot.

Hrm…and your position is listed on the official roster at my.scouting.org? The other thing I’ve seen is sometimes I have the wrong “role” selected under the logo in the upper right corner (Cub Scout/Scouts BSA/Venturing/Sea Scouting). I need to select my Key 3 Delegate role instead of my ASM/parent role, presumably you would need the cubmaster role selected under the logo.

Please describe what you have clicked and what you are seeing that indicates you cannot record advancement.

Also, this may help to make sure you are doing everything properly
https://help.scoutbook.scouting.org/knowledge-base/how-to-enter-print-the-scout-shop-form-in-internet-advancement-2-0/

“Record Progress” will be grayed out until you select one or more people on the roster. Have you selected any Scouts or adults?

Ugh, now I want to kick myself. I’m sorry it took so long to reply, but your response was the answer. I’ve been Advancement Chair for close to 9 years and just forgot that crucial step. Thanks!