Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Remove pending parent connection not working

The Feb 20, 2020 sb change log states troop admins can delete pending parent connections. However this does not seem to work. Have a Scout whom parent hasn’t accepted invite. His younger brother bridged over to our Troop and noticed he is connected to the parent that is linked(not pending). After further investigation, I noticed the original invite has a typo in the email address for the older brother. When I attempt to delete the connection that is pending, eventually it reports an error occurred and an email is sent to the webmaster. Also I can’t update the parent email as it sounds like the parent now has duplicate accounts but one is unaccessible since the email isn’t correct. This would be a great case if the delete connection would work.

Are you able to “+ Add” the parent and use the “Search For Existing User” box with the correct e-mail address to connect the parent?

If the parent does have a duplicate account, then you will need to send an e-mail to Scoutbook Support and ask them to remove the duplicate. Please include as much identifying information as you can:

parent’s name, BSA member number (if applicable), correct e-mail address, incorrect e-mail address, unit number, and council name

Yes that’s what I was thinking but was hoping I could clean up this issue ourselves.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.