Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Removing an award

A scout was mistakenly awarded the mile swim. I’m trying to remove it from his awards but can’t seem to get it removed. Any ideas?

Assuming you’re a unit leader with Edit Advancement or Full Control…

1. Go to the Scout’s page (My Dashboard / My Units / Unit / Troop Roster / Scout Name)
  2. Any awards the Scout has earned are listed right under their ranks and merit badges. Click on the award that was issued in error.
  3. Click on the “Completed” check box. A dialog will pop up.
  4. In the dialog box, clear the “Approved/Recorded” and “Awarded” check boxes and clear the date. Click the “Save” button.

That should change the “Competed” icon at the top of the award requirements to “Percent Completed”.

I e tried that. I can unapproved it, but it won’t let me leave the date blank

You may need to remove the completion date on some individual requirements first.

and sometimes you have to remove awarded and or Approved checkbox first and save > then go back and remove Date

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.