Resolving Duplicate BSA IDs

Looks like I have a scout from a different council with the wrong info, please help me to get him corrected.
He should be in the Indian Waters Council.
ID:137079451
User ID: 2801077

Thanks,

@CurtAlphonso

It looks like the Scout with initials WC moved from another Council to your Council. I have synced his address from Akela to Scoutbook but I have no ability to change the Council displayed on his account, but a unit admin can do so.

Go to WC’s Edit Profile page. Scroll down to the Council entry, select the proper Council then click UPDATE

Thanks, I think that worked!

Having similar problems, and it seems to have started around the time of our Recharter. I logged into Internet Advancement week before last, and could only see my son as a parent (I’m the Scoutmaster of our Troop). Went to Manage Member ID, and had two numbers listed:

132006162 (primary)

I changed 110299553 to primary, and could now log into Internet Advancement and see the entire Troop, add events and hours, etc. However, now when I log into Scoutbook I can’t see ANYTHING – no Troop, no son, not even personal profile details. Going back to Manage Member ID I only have the choice of 110299553, and it won’t let me add my previous ID 132006162. Council (Louisiana Purchase Council 213) has tried a “Scoutbook Sync” which had no effect, and otherwise seems at a loss. Everything was working up until now. Help, please!

@MichaelLWatson 553 is Primary - that has your SM position - the 2 MIDs have different years in DOB. Council needs to fix that. SB should be fixed - your positions should appear this afternoon after 4pm CST

Thank you! I’ve notified council of the DoB problem, and will check it this evening.

@MichaelLWatson what do you mean by “Scoutbook Sync”

I’m not sure; that was in the reply I got from council when I notified them of the problem.

Oh the Council tried - I understand now

Hi. I’m having duplicate account issues as well. And now Scoutbook has also unlinked me from my son and won’t connect us again. We have been in 3 different packs so it may be confused at recharter. But we’ve been in scouting for over 5 years and I don’t want to lose our information.

My IDs are 136367606, 134224011, and 13770229.

My son is 136367605.

If you can help that is awesome. We are crossing over to the Troop so I want to make sure he has all of his Cub Scout awards before he’s all done.

@MargaretYoung I sent you a private message.

Hi again, I’m having issues with a parent not being able to login to their account and it won’t let them reset password etc. They just crossed over and apparently this has been a large issue on the pack side. If you could please look into their account and see if there is anything you can do. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,

BSA Memeber #13199745
UserID# 2694152

@CurtAlphonso what do you mean cannot log in? can you be more specific? are they using an email or a user name? That will help us diagnose and advise

I believe it happened back when the my.scouting and scoutbook merged the user names.
According to the parent, they can’t login on either site anymore with either username or their email address and it won’t allow them to reset their password.

@CurtAlphonso it seems fine - I only see an email user name - council can reset that password for him - if he has another username I can send you a direct message to investigate it

Ok, thanks for looking into it. It’s hard when I can’t see what they are talking about. I really appreciate you help.

Looks like I have another multiple account parent.
His Scoutbook account shows him with these numbers:
BSA #13077847
UserID 2600884

The member ID he would like to use is:
Memeber ID: 12442249

Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks in advance
YIS
Curt

@CurtAlphonso this is fixed

Wow, there is a reason I have this thread bookmarked. You’re awesome.
Making me look good!
Curt

@CurtAlphonso they now need to use their my.scouting.org credentials - user=(middlename)(lastname)