Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Retiring Scoutstrong PALA awards?

A member of my den recently completed the requirements for the PALA award, and when I went in to enter it, I saw a note “retiring 12/31/2020”. I checked, and the other Scoutstrong awards are similarly noted as soon to be retired in Scoutbook. I cannot find any mention of these awards being retired on the web. Are they really being retired? Are they about to be updated? Or is this an error in Scoutbook?

I was hoping that this Cub Scout earning the award might encourage others in the den to do the same, but I don’t want to advertise it, if it will not be available.

1 Like

The ScoutStrong awards and a few others are being discontinued December 31, 2020. However, there is a 1 year grace period where Scouts can still earn it. I would recommend making sure that supplies of the recognition items (patches) are still available before the Scouts get too far along on working on the awards.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.