Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Scoutbook and My.Scouting Disconnect

Scoutbook and My.Scouting accounts use the same credentials. When I’m signed into My.Scouting, I can look at my son’s advancements and I am linked to him. Additionally, I can see that my personal email is used on this account.

In Scoutbook, I am not connected to him. Additionally, I cannot change my email from the default email to my personal email in Scoutbook. I am notified there is a an account already using that email address. Whenever I try to sign in using Gmail, I am told there is no account linked to my personal email address.

Update 1: Whenever I sign into my son’s Scoutbook account, it says he’s linked to me. Very peculiar and confusing.

Update 2: I just logged into my son’s my.scouting account and he had my email address as his on there. I changed that to his email address and will try to update my email on Scoutbook after a while to allow time for the system to sync.

@KaseyBerry

I’m looking into this for you.

1 Like

I have found 2 BSA Member IDs for you and 2 my.scouting.org IDs. One ID is your son’s The other is your e-mail address. Which are you trying to use?

I am trying to set my account straight, so I’d need the ID to my email address set straight.

@KaseyBerry

I just need to know which my.scouting.org ID you are using then I can get your accounts straightened out.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I’ve been using the ID (removed) with member ID ending in 126.

It should be fixed now. Your Scoutbook IDs have been merged.

1 Like

Sorry, I think I was working on this at the same time.

1 Like

Much appreciated Ed!

Jennifer, I think we’ve all had a similar experience haha. It got fixed so no harm was done!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.