Scoutbook APP does NOT allow users to login

@TheSteaks

Delete the app and reinstall it. It sounds like you had an old version installed that is conflicting with the backend servers.

Android. I also have 2 iPads, but haven’t tried there yet.

I uninstalled it already 2 times and reinstalled before starting this topic. The second time, I even cycled the Power of the phone for 5m off then back on to clear all “latent data”

I just did a fresh install of the scouting app on my android tablet and was able to login without issue. I also have no issues on the phone which has had the app installed for a while now.

1 Like

Do you happen to use Apple or Google login?

@TheSteaks

Your account is setup for Google Login. Are you using the Google Login button on the app?

Yes, to Google Login.

Well… I just turned off the phone, turned it back on(again) and fresh install… and it actually logged me on.

Now on My Scouts its only showing my child. Not the full Den. It should show the full den as I’m the Den Leader and admin.

@TheSteaks the App has never showed anything but your own scout. Did you make a Web short cut icon on phone to Scoutbook? It creates nearly (if not the same) icon

3 Likes

@TheSteaks - the scouting app is not a unit app. Are you thinking of perhaps the Den leader experience.

Just for the sake of reason… can you on your phone go to scoutbook.scouting.org

1 Like

All different. 2 are apps, one is not. Each has a different audience.

2 Likes

And den leader experience saved to the Home Screen is a cross between the first two

Even closer. I can see where they could cause confusion. my.scouting has an icon too, great look it has…

Screenshots of the various items one shows a pic of the den leader experience from the scoutbook landing page

my.Scouting Tools (MYST)

as defined in

BSA® myScouting app

The myScouting (AKA “MyScouting”) is a portal app for volunteer adult leaders. In 2022, the website continues to be the primary portal to tools.

The myScouting logo is a registered trademark of the Boy Scouts of America®

Learn more: BSA® myScouting - Overview - website and app portals

2022-04-25-G

@TheSteaks - the url for the den leader experience is:

https://leader.scouting.org/login

Scoutbook is definitely not user friendly. I was finally able login to my account but my 15 year old son cannot : does anyone know how to give permission for my son so he can login ?

@RaminRoyai - you would need to go to your son’s record in scoutbook then click edit profile scroll down to the invite line and click that and add email

@RaminRoyai

I suggest going to my.scouitng.org and creating an account there for your son. Make sure you select his current record with BSA Member ID so that it gets linked to his Scoutbook account. Once you do this, he can log in to Scoutbook with the my.scouting.org ID.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.