Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Scoutbook NOT Printing blue card

Is anyone having an issue today printing a blue card? My son earned one on 11/3 and the advancement chair approved it today. I went to print it and the only thing that came up was the signature of the mb counselor and the advancement chair. (I’m not looking for it to have the individual requirements listed.) It’s not even publishing which badge it is, his name, the date, or the counselor’s information like it normally does.

I tried some of his others and the same thing on those. There is a notice from Adobe that says “an error exists on this page.” Then says that it may not be displayed correctly and to contact who created the pdf.

I looked for an adobe update - none. I cleared my cache. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

I just tried one that was counselor and leader-approved in Scoutbook, and it came up just fine. Does the MB show as being Counselor Approved, or just Leader Approved in Scoutbook? Was a physical blue card issued, or did the MB counselor and your son use Scoutbook for the approval process?

It is mb counselor and leader approved. Each requirement was checked as he went by me in scoutbook. Then the mb counselor approved it. I tried to even print one from 2019 he did with this counselor in scoutbook and it wouldn’t populate. Not even his name.

Hrm…are you a scouter in the unit, as well as a parent? I’m wondering if what I’m seeing is different because I’m also a registered scouter in my unit.

ETA: If you post the BSA ID for the scout (no name) and the particular merit badge(s) for which you tried to generate the blue cards, the folks from SUAC might be able to take a look to see if there’s something visible to them.

@MeganWoodman - what truly matter is in the scout record is it completed and approved in scoutbook.scouting.org and in advancements.scouting.org ??? Beyond that the rest is just fluff

Meh. I can see the desire to have some sort of “offline” record.

I’ve had weird behavior from time to time from the system where things I swore I Leader Approved “disappeared”. Digging into the logs, it turned out to be an error by someone apparently trying to fix something else, but nevertheless the record was “gone”. We got it fixed, but there was a bit of concern for a bit.

It must be my Adobe. I just had the idea to try it on my phone and it worked.
Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Our district requires seeing the blue cards in the eagle binder despite also having the advancement report. So I have to be able to print scoutbook mb counselor connected blue cards.

@MeganWoodman - unfortunately that runs contrary to the guide to advancement as it adds to the requirements

1 Like

The blue card printout is blank except for the “Signature of the unit leader” in the middle section (but scout has not completed the merit badge yet.).
There is an error message on Adobe Acrobat.

Screenshot 2021-11-09 180950

Andy,

Try Foxit reader or another PDF reader. There appears to be something wrong with the blue card PDF that is specific to Adobe products.

For completed merit badge
Tried to use the browser and Foxit without the error message, but the counselor information is missing and the leader approve signature is wrong (see picture below)
Screenshot 2021-11-10 174234

Screenshot 2021-11-10 175513

@AndyChan - soooo. who is Michael Lo

Mr. Lo is another leader who initially signed. I am the one who signs when completed

For incomplete merit badge

Screenshot 2021-11-10 180218
Screenshot 2021-11-10 180329

@AndyChan - so he is not the unit leader then. But in the end… completed merit badges are what are important…

It looks like the field in PDF is linked to the wrong data field.

I’m also getting this error when opening the file using Adobe Acrobat. It used to work for me.

This is a known issue. The developers are investigating. Using a non Adobe reader gets around the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.