Scouts' Record After Editing Their Profile Not Appearing in the Unit Roster and Not Able to Locate in Scoutbook

I am assisting a unit in transferring a Scout from a Cub Scout pack to a Scout Troop using Scoutbook. I found their record in my.scouting.org was incomplete when looking at the pack’s roster. All address information was missing. The parent provided me with the necessary information and I was able to edit and save the missing information in the Scout’s profile.

I then opened the unit roster and still found that the Scout’s information was missing.

We waited the requisite 48 hours for databases to synchronize. It has now been 7 days and the input information is still not reflected in the system so we cannot transfer him via Scoutbook (it cannot locate him).

I also see that a number of Scouts in the pack appear to be missing address information even though when exposing their record in “Edit Profile”, the information is there.

Our council registrar reports that she can see all the requisite the information in ScoutNet, yet we cannot transfer the Scout via Scoutbook.

Ideas?

Yours in Scouting,
Lou Leopold
Assistant Council Commissioner
Greater Wyoming-Longs Peak Council #62, BSA

Is there a parent record associated with the youth record in ScoutNet? I know not having an associated parent can prevent the transfer, although I thought it threw a specific error.

Hi @CharleyHamilton,

The parent was sent an Invite by the Cub Scout pack shortly after the Scout was initially registered and they accepted the invite. They initially did not create a my.scouting.org account, but did as part of the corrective action and associated their son in order to complete the Scout’s profile in my.scouting.org.

I checked the profile using my access and all the information is there, including the parent association, but the address information is still missing from the roster and the Scout cannot be located within ScoutNet for the transfer action.

For the SUAC’s benefit, there are other Cub Scouts in the same situation for Cub Scout Pack 92 in the Bighorn District of the Greater Wyoming-Longs Peak Council, including the Scout in question. If I need to share the specific Cub Scout’s information in question, I can provide that information.

Yours in Scouting,
Lou Leopold
Assistant Council Commissioner
Greater Wyoming-Longs Peak Council #62, BSA

Hrm…if you can post the BSA ID for the scout, the SUAC folks might be able to try peeking behind whatever curtains they can to look for something diagnostic from their end.