Start a Crew
The Unit Performance Guide (UPG) has guidance for council and district leaders. This page appears to be for people wanting to start a crew.
Step 1- Get Your Minimums
- A crew needs at least 5 youth members that have common interests.
- 3 must be primarily registered in the new crew, however 2 may be multiplied from another unit.
- There must also be 4 adult members willing to fill the following positions:
Step 2- Chartered Organizations
Find an organization to sponsor you as your Chartered Organization. This is often a church, local business, Kiwanis, or other group.
My opinion is that the “Start a Crew” web page is incorrect
- The required number of people is incorrect.
- This page has the prospective unit finding a Chartered Organization Representative (COR) before finding a chartered organization.
- NOTE THE COR IS A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE ORGANIZATION AND A COUNCIL SCOUTER, NOT A UNIT SCOUTER. See Chartered Organization Representative discussion topic.
We need correct information for the COR and folks wanting to start new crews. Comments? Ideas for revision? Specifically worded changes?
Post created 2019-09-07