Thank you for the partial answer.
There was a post (Aug 2018) referring to internal testing. I remember BSA asking for testers, perhaps another tool and Scouters volunteering to test the Sea Scouting part of Scoutbook.
I believe we have established that the Sea Scouting BSA part of Scoutbook is in production. I will try again on the other two questions.
Does Scoutbook have any introductory material aimed at getting ship units to use Scoutbook? Advertising? Short demos?
Is there help information specifically for ship units? Demos? Documents.
What is Scoutbook and ship units currently using? Showing ships how to advance in Cub Scouting or tracking the trail to Eagle Scout is not a good practice, Ship units are interested in how to track advancement to Quartermaster and recording related awards.
2020-02-13, Scoutbook change log
- Sea Scout Electives
- Updates to Sea Scout Electives to match the latest requirements have been implemented.
Scouts BSA Advancement for Venturers
- An issue that prevented Scouts registered with a Venture Crew but not a Scouts BSA Troop who had previously earned First Class rank from having Scouts BSA Advancement entered or approved has been fixed. If a Scout registered with a Venture Crew or Sea Scout Ship but not a Scouts BSA Troop is working on Scouts BSA advancement, make sure the Scouts BSA slider is turned on in the Scout’s profile.
(Bill_W Comment: Bug fix title should read “Scouts BSA Advancement for Scouts in Venturing BSA and Sea Scout BSA programs”)
Sea Scout Leadership
- All Sea Scout youth leadership positions are now supported by Scoutbook.
Sea Scout History Report
- The Sea Scout History Report is now available on the Scout’s report menu.
Scoutbook bug fixed
- An issue that caused Sea Scout advancement to be missing from the Advancement Export/Backup file has been fixed. All youth advancement is contained in the Advancement Export/Backup file.