BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Transfering from Pack

I got a new scout from a pack that we haven’t received any scouts from on Scoutbook before. I was sent an invite via email to connect with the scout. I hit the “accept invite” link, logged onto Scoutbook, found the scout…and…then…nothing. No “accept invite”. Can’t access his profile to change the unit. Nothing.

Do you see the Scout listed when you go to:

My Dashboard -> Administration -> My Account -> My Connections ?

If so, then click on the Scout’s name and then [Scout]'s Membership.

I see all of that, but then I can’t click on the scouts name

OK, someone must be connected to the Scout in order to invite you to connect. All they should need to do is go to the [Scout]'s Membership page, put an end date on the membership with the pack, and add a new membership with the troop.

They told me they did that.

Are you a troop admin? Try going to the troop roster, click your name > your positions > the current troop admin position > update.

I am an admin. I think it’s an issue with how the pack put me in as a new connection to the scout.

It would be lovely if, once a scout is awarded their AoL, an option to “transfer to a troop” appears on their profile. Pick a troop, hit Save, no muss no fuss

Please give Jacob’s suggestion a try:

1. Go to Troop Roster page.
  2. Click on your name.
  3. Click on your Troop Admin position.
  4. Click Update.

If they did change the Scout’s Membership from the pack to the troop, then this will reset your Admin connection to the Scout.