Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
âś•
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Troop Roster questions

How do I take boys off of the Troop Roster? I have 3 different scenarios that I need advice on:

1. Boys who turned 18 in 2019 and did not register as adults with the Troop continue to show on the roster. I have entered their 18th b-day date as their end date in their profile, they are still on the Scoutbook roster for 2020.
  2. I have one Scout who has 2 profiles in Scoutbook. I would like one to go away as it is causing confusion. How do I get rid of the duplicate if one is from Cub Scouts and one is from Boy Scouts?
  3. I have several boys who did not want to continue with Scouts and did not register with our Troop for 2020. I have entered their end dates, andI have put them in an “inactive patrol.” It would just be nice to have them not show up at all so that things are tidy.
  1. I would check for multiple memberships (e.g. in patrols, or leadership positions) that maybe didn’t get ended.

2. You have to contact scoutbook.support@scouting.org to have them merge the two accounts, I believe.

3. This should be the same as case 1. Once there’s an end date on their membership, they should fall off of the roster in Scoutbook.

I am not sure what you mean by “end date in their profile”. There is a date joined on their Edit Profile page, but I would not change this.

Instead, go to each Scout’s Leadership page and put an end date on any leadership positions that are active (if any). Then go to each Scout’s Membership page, click on their current membership with your troop and add a Date Ended to end their membership with your troop and remove them from your roster.

2 Likes

I was able to go into their Membership page and uncheck the “Position Approved” box. All of the inactive Scouts are now off of the Roster. Now to call BSA or Scoutbook to merge a couple of accounts. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

If you want those Scouts completely off your troop’s roster, then you need to put an end date on their membership with your troop. Unchecking the box next to “Position Approved” will not do that.

For your duplicate account issues, please send an e-mail to Scoutbook support at:

scoutbook.support@scouting.org

and include as much identifying information as you can (Scout’s full names, BSA ID numbers, unit number, council name, etc.).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.