Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Two Questions about Tiger Adult Partners

1. can an adult partner be shared by two Tigers in the same den?
  2. is there a minimum age for the adult partner? I am finding conflicting information in my searches.

Thanks.

see this previous thread, it looks like it has the information you need.
Guidelines for parent involvement at the Tiger level

Jill,
Thanks. I read through that thread first before asking my questions. I did not see any reference to either sharing or minimum age.

I would reach out to your unit commish to get information from your district exec or the council on the policy question. Some councils may have more restrictive requirements than nationals, but the professionals should be able to find out the correct answer to sort out the conflicts.

I find the phrase “An adult partner can be a parent, relative, or friend who is at least 18 years old and who cares about the scout”, on many council and district (and pack) sites, but I could not find anything more specific from National. If you need further clarification, you should follow Charley’s suggestion and reach out to your local execs. I did find this from National “Lion or Tiger adult partners not living at the same address MUST each complete an adult application.” https://www.scouting.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Registration-Guidebook.pdf

1 Like

Regarding #1, for recharter I select the Tiger Adult partner position twice for the parent if they are the partner for two scouts.

When I was a Tiger Den leader, I had a set of twins in my den. I never expected them to be there with both parents. Typically just their father attended.

I always wonder about these. The way I see it is that if you made such a rule the effect is much more likely to reach fewer youth than increase adults. I am spending my time to try and reach youth.

If I had an adult bringing a neighbor kid I would certainly have them register. I would guess the reasoning in the rule is to ensure YPT is addressed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.