Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.

Scouting Forums

Updating Council

My family and I have recently moved from Virginia Beach, VA to Okinawa, Japan. I have updated my address, but my.scouting.org still has me listed in the Tidewater Council vice the Far East Council. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

@JoshuaGoughneour- the physical address does not change the council where you are registered. In order to be considered FEC you will need to fill out an application for a unit there.

And under Edit Profile you can change the council in the Dropdown menu

@DonovanMcNeil - I read it as MYST showing the prior council for positions. I guess a confirmation is needed.

When you get a new BSA member number from your new council (Far East Council), you log in at my.scouting at use Manage Member ID to add the new BSA number and council.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.