BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Updating E-mail on a pending account

How do we fix this? From one of our Troops:

"Joe Scout is coming over from another Troop (and I think a different council out of state). They also used SCOUTBOOK.***
***He apparently submitted an application to Angie, who submitted it to council. Per images below, he is now showing up in our T100 SCOUTBOOK as Pending, but when I went to invite him, I noticed the unusual email address, (changeyouremail@scoutbook.com) so I tried to update his profile with his current email ( r____@gmail.com) however I got the error message shown in the second image enclosed. ***

Thoughts? Is there something I can do to “resolve the stalemate”? If not me then you?

I can’t figure how to get a screen print in here but his second screen print displays the error message “This e-mail address already exists under another account.”

So… resolution please?

Updated to remove Scout’s name and e-mail address. Ed D’Avignon

You need to send an e-mail to scoutbook.support@scouting.org with his e-mail address, your unit and council. Ask them to merge the duplicate accounts and make sure he is assigned to your unit.

Hi, @SusanBarton,

Regarding a solution for transferring a scout, there is a transfer tool now available to unit admins under

My Dashboard -> My Units -> Unit Roster, then scroll all the way to the bottom:

That might get his other account brought into the troop. Then, you will need to email scoutbook.support@scouting.org to have the new account and the old account merged, and to indicate which information should be retained (e.g. BSA ID number from current council, email address, etc).

ETA: Ninjaed by @edavignon

I edited the original post to remove the PII.

1 Like

I have the same issue with a new Den leader. I emailed the support email 9 days ago, the only response I got was the automated confirmation that they received my request. Problem has not been fixed - I emailed support a couple of more times to see if there is an update to my issue, but I have not gotten any responses.

Scoutbook support is still very backlogged.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.