"upload documents" link inactive

Matt Johnson, Sea Scout age 18 and above are registered as Venturing Participants (VP) and are treated as youth and pay youth (higher) fees. The have to fill out an adult application and cbc when they recharter as well as complete YPT. In Internet Recharter they are grouped with the youth and not the adult leaders. I have one VP youth whose cbc is missing so the problem.
Stu Sanford

Thanks for the clarity as you state, they are Venturing Participants, not youth. Youth don’t need YPT or CBCs.

I am having an issue uploading documents. I’ve tried pdf’s and Ive tried zipped files and it gives me a ‘not allowed’ error. Is this just not working today? Also, I’m not sure i;m posting this in the right spot. I"m new to forums.

Hi there,
I am having the same issue uploading a document. I have one person selected and i’ve tried loading a pdf and a zipped file. Keep getting the error message

@LisaCoppola the SPACE in the file name could be an issue???

I tried it again and still no luck

MID 135682347 has the same issue trying to upload CBCs for 2 adult leaders. They are new leaders in the Pack, registered in November, but for some reason still showing without CBC. Without the documents the system isn’t letting him recharter. (The CBCs have since been resubmitted and processed by the registrar, but in the recharter they still show as missing.)

@LisaCoppola Are you still having this issue? What’s your bsa member number, your unit, the file types, and the initials of the individuals you can’t upload files for,

@SarahNorman - I was able to upload a CBC and New unit app to our recharter without issue. File name and type are key.

So how do we upload youth documents? How do we submit them as part of the re-chartering process?

@SeanSanders - if you are adding new the option is from application and at that point you drop and drag the file or browse to it.

And tech tip I keep the file path small… c:\temp

So if the scout is a carry-over from last year (i.e., is not a new scout) then there is no need to provide an application/registration form?

Correct, you only need apps for new, transferring, or returning scouts who took a break.

@SeanSanders - recharter is time to reconcile your roster. Those that stay need no action but those that leave need to be removed and those that are new need add with application

1 Like

Hello,

Any suggestions on how to get past the “error: not allowed” error message when uploading supporting documents? I’m using a zip format with a simple file name “lastname.zip”

I’ve tried bundling both YPT and CBC in the zip and I’ve tried only including 1 file in the zip. Both permutations generate the same error message.

Thoughts on how to resolve?

@ErikMeserve - I used pdf files saved at the root of my OS drive.

Some progress! I was getting that error on Safari on Mac. I tried switching to Firefox on Mac and was able to upload the zip file correctly.