HI Leaders and all volunteers! Thank you so much for donating your time and effort helping young people.
Ideas for virtual meetings:
We have been conducting meetings since C-19 lock downs began. Here are some tips I find useful.
- Share the load. Delegate a leader each week to host the meeting.
- Delegate duties on line. i.e. Someone who leads, Someone to control meeting. (bring back to topic) 3. someone to run an online game. ex. Kahoot.it - Someone who mutes people who have useless back ground noises.
- Have a plan and an agenda. An outline. Stick to the plan.
- Do not wing it, Plan It. Try sticking to the plan but it is okay to change it up. Also, I start the meeting dressed up as a different character each week.
- Our agenda includes: Pledge of Alligence, Oath, Law. 2. Announcements from scouts and then by adults.
- Focus on Scouting. We plan to short but informative topics; i.e. back packing tips, hiking tips, fire building tips. first aide. camping tips.
- Everyone should talk and be a part of the conversation. Everyone has input.
- DO NOT LECTURE a. show videos. b. split screens. c. share pics of what you did for scouts that week.
- Play a game at the end. Multiple chocie, True/Fasle, Jeopardy, Family Fued. You can make teams or not. Make it fun. Have funny questions and funny answers. And have questions based on the activity taught.
- Final announcements
- Scout Master Minute
- Close it out.