Warning - another user is using your e-mail address

I also have this same warning i use the accout that has BSA# 12521697

I also have the same issue. Member ID 110302837.
Thank you!

@THADDEUSOUTHIER this is fixed

Hello, I am also having the same issue. The login I want to keep is the username login bakeras. My user ID is 1339417 and my BSA is 133752980. Thanks!

@AndrewBaker this is fixed

Thank you very much!!

I run into this constantly as people wind up with multiple ID #s in my.scouting and which then follows them into Scoutbook. This was an issue for a number of our units at recharter time. It is made worse by the fact that folks get an ID as a Lion or Tiger adult, when they register on BeAScout or when they forget their log in for my.scouting and then simply create a new one. I’d not sure how to fix that in the systems, but a temporary way of reducing this might be to post warnings at any of those possible places as well as instructions as to what to do if you don’t know your login. Thanks to all those fixing this as a result of this valuable site.

In principle, if an adult or scout uses the same name and other PII in every registration “attempt”, the system should offer them the option to connect to the existing account/BSA Member ID. However, if someone registers with the first name Bill (e.g. parent on a scout application), then tries again with William (e.g. at my.scouting to take YPT), and then files a paper adult application without including the BSA Member ID issued by their my.scouting registration when they took YPT, of course they are ending up with multiple BSA ID numbers. For adults who were scouts as youth, or who were registered previously in another council as a parent or scouter, they will have another record out there. The difficulty in those cases can be determining that prior BSA ID number. If an adult uses the same login at my.scouting.org as they did for the previous registration, then their BSA ID number should already be displayed there. However, since BSA Member IDs are unique to a particular council, then the registrar in a new council can’t just enter that “prior” BSA ID and go forward. Reading the tea leaves around here, it sounds like the BSA is working on setting up a single national BSA ID system that no longer restricts specific BSA ID numbers to councils, but it’s still in the development stages with no official announcement or timeline.

The problem can also originate on the registrar’s side of the fence. For example, when they process an application and fail to search for a matching record already in the system, it creates a new person record with a new BSA ID number. I’ve also heard about situations where a paper application was submitted with a BSA ID written on it, and the registrar didn’t see it or didn’t handle it properly so a new BSA ID and person record was created. They make mistakes just like the rest of us.

If someone forgets their BSA login or password, there’s a chat bot in the lower right corner that should be able to assist with recovering it. If all else fails, your council staff should have tools that can assist a user with recovering an account, but it likely won’t be a quick process.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.