Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Where are the requirements for de&I badge

True. The real question will be: what will NATIONAL allow. Will this be the kind of merit badge where the MBC must have a license or certification (like Scuba, rifle/shotgun)? Guide to Advancement already has that.

Will people just be able to sign up to be a MBC? Or will there be special vetting? As I said, National has mandated that for other MBs.

@WilliamsburgScouter what you “have been told” means nothing - that is speculation and will be erased from the forums - we wait for announcements from national - period.

1 Like

@DonovanMcNeil, I think you’re being overly critical. If someone’s council has a strategy, and it sounds like a good one, I’m stealing it. If someone else here gives it the “side eye”, that’s okay too, because I’ll be prepared when pitch the idea to my people.

2 Likes

We have also read that the counselor for the de,I mb must also have special training before a unit or council can present the badge.
There is a fair amount of unknowns at the moment but all that should be cleared up in January.

1 Like

Can you please close this topic. My question has been answered and I do not wish to start a argument.

3 Likes

I’m wondering how a council can register a counselor for a badge that doesn’t exist.

1 Like