Hello everyone. I’m a dad that’s new to this organization for my 6 and 7.5 year old boys. A pack that we’re thinking of joining is charging the following fees and would you like to get your opinion on this matter.
• BSA Annual Fee $120 per cub ($60 National + $36 Council + $24 Insurance)
• BSA Annual Fee $60 per Adult ($36 National + $24 Insurance)
• Annual den fee $80 per cub
• Pack One Time Administration Registration Fee $50 per cub
• Neckerchief/Slide $15 per cub
• B Uniform (t shirt) $15 per adult and cub
• Total for 1 adult + 2 cubs is $635 (not including the actual uniforms yet)
However what really got me to think about joining another pack instead is that my sister said for her son’s pack is that all she had to pay was the $60 period, which i assumed was the BSA adult annual fee. So what gives here?
I also want to mention that the pack has been around for quite a while, part of a well known religious group in our community, and meets 2x a month there.