The lede for the requirements says:
Complete Requirement 1 or 2 plus at least two others.
There are six requirements.
The Scout completed reqs. 1 and 4 first. He has now completed req. 2.
When I enter req. 2 as complete, Scoutbook does not mark the adventure as complete.
I think it should be complete, but I don’t know for sure how this is intended to be administered. The lede does not say “and two others from among requirements 3 through 6.” I don’t see how the completion of requirement 1 makes requirement 2 valueless.
For context, requirement 2 is
Earn the religious emblem of your faith that is appropriate for your age, if you have not already done so.
I don’t see how the Scout’s prior completion of req. 1:
Discuss with your parent, guardian, den leader, or other caring adult what it means to do your duty to God. Tell how you do your duty to God in your daily life.
renders req. 2 worthless.
Scoutbook is treating this as if the requirements are written:
Complete requirement 1 and at least two others
- Complete one of the fowllowing:
a. Discuss with your parent, guardian, den leader, or other caring adult what it means to do your duty to God. Tell how you do your duty to God in your daily life.
b. Earn the religious emblem of your faith that is appropriate for your age, if you have not already done so.
- Offer a prayer, meditation, or reflection with your family, den, or pack.
- Read a story about people or groups of people who came to America to enjoy religious freedom.
- Learn and sing a song that could be sung in reverence before or after meals or one that gives encouragement, reminds you how to show reverence, or demonstrates your duty to God.
- Visit a religious monument or site where people might show reverence. Create a visual display of your visit with your den or your family, and show how it made you feel reverent or helped you better understand your duty to God.
But that’s not what it says. If they meant the requirements to be administered like that, they could have easily written them that way. I just did.
Unless someone can point out why I’m off base, I’m marking the Scout comlpete on this adventure. If I’m correct Scoutbook needs to count one optional requirement as complete when a Scout completes both reqs. 1 and 2.