Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Wood Badge is for Sea Scouts Leaders!

Sea Scout Leaders! The quest for knowledge never sleeps. Sail into 2022 with new opportunities for adult leadership training.

The next Wood Badge course will be held at Kiwanis Scout Camp on January 28th to 30th and February 26th and 27th.

Kiwanis Scout Camp is located in Minnesota along the beautiful St. Croix river valley at 15987 St Croix Trail N, Marine on St Croix, MN, 55047. The camp features heated log cabins and lodges for your winter enjoyment.

Register NOW!
https://scoutingevent.com/250-2022WinterWB

What is Wood Badge?

Wood Badge is a fun-filled, fast-paced, action-packed, five-day advanced training program spread over two different weekends which gives participants a greater understanding of Scouting aims and methods, while developing true Scout spirit. Those who complete Wood Badge training will continue to work with renewed enthusiasm in the Scouting program to make the most of their skills.

Wood Badge provides firsthand knowledge showing how teams develop and achieve excellence. Take part in an active learning process through involvement in planning, development, presentation, and assessment. Enjoy a world-class learning experience that will strengthen your commitment to Scouting and provide new skills to revitalize your leadership toolbox.

Don’t wait! Space is limited. Register today!
https://scoutingevent.com/250-2022WinterWB

@GwenMcGlaun

Are you aware you are advertising a local council event to the whole world? Every council has its own Wood Badge courses which are usually advertised using local eNews, mailing lists, on the council web and Facebook sites.

The Scouting forums are publicly readable and indexed in public search engines by the whole world.

Not all Councils have Wood Badge courses and no one is required to attend Wood Badge in their own Council, even if it is offered.

3 Likes

My apologies from using “every” instead of “most”.
Does the SUAC want every BSA council advertising their training in multiple Scouting forums?

I do not need my inbox to be overloaded with “junk” postings from every BSA council with training courses.

I am also concerned about the use of QR codes which can apparently hide where they are actually connecting to. That is an internet security issue. What is the SUAC policy on the use of QR codes in the Scouting forums?

I do not have a problem with Council training events being advertised in the forums.

1 Like

I like it too. Especially on the “big trainings” that aren’t offered all of the time. This one was in in my council and is within driving distance for me. Our Wood Badge already happened so, it could have been good if I wasn’t Wood Badge trained already.

Advanced Training for Sea Scout BSA Leaders

Seabadge, Wood Badge, and Powder Horn are listed as advanced training opportunities for leaders in the Sea Scout BSA program.

There was a time when council training for Sea Scout leaders was required to be posted on the national Sea Scout BSA calendar. With restructuring has advertising of council advanced training been moved down to the national territory service level?

Version 2021-11-16-E

Only Sea Badge training is posted on the Sea Scout website. Woodbadge & Powderhorn have not been posted there.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.