BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

World Jamboree Patches on Scout uniforms

My Scout attended the 2019 World Scout Jamboree this past summer. His contingent created a council patch that is a combination of the councils in our state to be worn on the left sleeve. Can the scouts leave these specially created council patches on their official uniform. We do have a scout in our Troop that is going for his Eagle Board of Review soon and wants to wear the WSJ council patch…is it allowed???

1 Like

Is this patch in place of the normal Council Shoulder Patch (CSP)? If so, the chapter and verse from the insignia guide is “A temporary CSP should only be worn for a fixed period of time to celebrate the special purpose it represents, and under no circumstances longer than one year.”

I am a quite member of the patch police always noting, rarely every mentioning infractions. In my experience as a member of 2 different jamboree contingents, I always kept the old one on until the next jamboree or the next uniform replacement.

A Scout must be granted a board of review even when not in uniform. I assume this CSP, if it is such, won’t be an issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.