Welcome! This forum has a treasure trove of great info – Scouters helping Scouters! Just a heads up, though - all content, information, and opinions shared on this forum are those of the author, not the BSA.
BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA

Scouting Forums

Yet another duplicate ID

Hello all,

We recently moved to a new state, and thus to a new council. My daughter now shows up twice in Scoutbook with 2 different ID numbers, one for each council. Of course, only 1 has all of her ranks/achievements/awards associated with it (old council). I have spoken with our new council’s registrar many, many times, and I’ve gotten nowhere. A few weeks ago she said she opened a ticket with national to get this fixed, but it still isn’t and I can’t get a status update.

Is there any other way to get these IDs merged? I should note they are both associated to her in my.scouting.org, with the new council set at the primary.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

@StaceyWilson2 I will send a direct message for more information - look at avatar in top right corner to find the message

I am having this exact same issue - 2 Member IDs - 1 from the old Council and 1 from the new. Only the new one shows up in Member Manager, but the old one has all the ranks/advancement info.
The Scout’s profile on Scoutbook is missing their Member ID - when I try to add it, I get an error message that says “The BSA Member Number already exists under another user account in Scoutbook. Please check the number or try to remove the number from the other account first.”
When I try to use the Transfer Tool to transfer their member ID into our Pack, I get an error message as well. Local Council Registrar has been unable to get this resolved - we spoke to National last week but still not able to get it fixed. Looking for any help I can get.

@ANDYSCHOENHERR I sent you a direct message - look at avatar top right to find it

I am having similar issues with my boy scouts. We moved last year and all of us got new IDs. Now I am not connected to any of my kids and they “cannot be found” when I try to link in scout book.

Well are they seen by the unit or is the unit not using Scoutbook?

The unit uses scoutbook. the program is not recognizing their info (name, birthday, scout id number, Zip code, etc) for identification. I am not linked to them in the program. Also, I am getting emails that my ypt is expiring even though I took it 2 weeks ago.

Well part of that is you 2 BSA# now (and YPT system seems jacked right now) - I will send you a direct message to get some data to see what I can figure out - look at top right avatar to find message

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.