504 Error - YPT training not loading

I have completed the first 2 parts of retaking my YPT training, when trying to load the next part I get error code 504 site taking too long. It seems to be an ongoing issue reading some of the other comments.

The are working on it. There is a team actively monitoring the servers.

If you can, logout, close your browser, and try again in an hour.

This is me right now! That same circle. Canā€™t access any training courses.

*1) Hardware: Desktop
2) Operating system Windows
3) Browser Edge
4) Browser cache has been cleared or you are using a private browsing mode (aka Incognito Window in Chrome) Yes
*5) 132527967 NCAC
I got through the first YPT class and now YPT wontā€™ load. I tried two computers
[/quote]

As noted on My.Scouting homepage - the LMS has been having issues. The vendor and IT are aware, and they are doing everything they can to keep it running. When you have issues, log out, close your browser, and wait 45 minutes to see if it has resolved.

Is the website down again? Just finished some training and the site locked up. Now i just get the spinning wheel.

1 Like

Can confirm the same. I was in the middle of training and stuck with spinning wheel and 504.

1 Like

Looks like this has been a problem for almost a month. Took me 3 hrs to complete a 35min training a few weeks ago because of glitches. Is this going to be an ongoing problem we should just get used to and accept as part of the process to helping with scouts or is some one going to actually fix these problems?

@RonaldBlaisdell

FYIā€¦

And there is a notice about ongoing issues with training when you login to My.Scouting.

Should we wait till a specified date in hopes that the issues will be fixed? If so what date should these problems be fixed? Or are we just rolling the dice every time we log in and hope it doesnā€™t screw up and make us start the training all over again?

I donā€™t know if itā€™s related, but thereā€™s a system-wide outage this weekend. I can see arguments in favor of hurrying up to try to finish training before the outage, and for waiting until after the outage.

I donā€™t really care either way i just dont want to retake the same course 3 times because the website doesnā€™t work. The message was posted almost a month ago with no real update. If the system update this weekend is going to fix some of these issues then change the announcement to say that, so we donā€™t waste our time trying to complete our training before then. A month old message that says we are having problems sorry. Doesnā€™t really help.

It states on My.Scouting that if you have an error, wait 45-60 minutes and try again. Make sure you are using a private browsing window (Incognito on Chrome or InPrivate on Edge) and that you have JavaScript enabled.

Thanks @RonaldBlaisdell. Iā€™ve tried this and cleared cookies and cache and used other browsers. Same effect. Had all night blocked out to try and get some training done but lost steam at 7:30 when it seems to have gone down. Is it just Ben and I able to see this? @RonaldBlaisdell, are you able to see the LMS and take training?

Thanks for your help with this.

1 Like

I did take a course earlier this evening (about 6:30 pm ET). I have been teaching since, and just finished my class at 9:15, so I have not checked in the last three hours.

Iā€™ve tried logging out. Cleared cookies and cache. Used other browsers. No difference. Nothing loads for training. I wouldnā€™t be on here complaining if the recommended fix actually worked. Thats the problem. The recommended fix didnā€™t work last time when it would randomly restart training modules or freeze up in the middle of a section and have to start all over. It is not fixing anything this time.

So, at a random time, 11:25 a.m. ET, I started the Bullying v2 module.

I am using Microsoft Edge, an InPrivate window, Javascript is turned on, and my browser magnification is at 100%.

The course is working 100% as it should.

I finished the 13 minute module at 11:39.

Getting a ā€œpage not foundā€ 404 error when trying to access Youth Protection Training. This is the 3rd evening in a row that Iā€™ve attempted to access it. Yesterday I only received a blank page. Is there a time of day when the training platform is actually available so I can complete this required training???

Was on the last section in the weather module. Unfortunately 30 minutes wasted and itā€™s frozen.