504 Error - YPT training not loading

I have to complete those course to go on camping trip this Saturday. I was 2/3rds done with this when it stopped working. I’ve tried to complete this 72 min course for over 3 hours today. Beyond frustrating.

It’s still not working. There is no notice on the web page. I can see a more than month old system maintenance message but no message to save me from wasting the last hour of my life trying to login, clear cache, try a different browser, etc., etc. All to re-take a training class that rarely changes, checkbox compliance.

6:54 am ET 10/5 - Learning Center is functioning.

I got a phone call and a few emails from volunteers who were trying to go through their YPT training and couldn’t finish. Volunteers were frustrated about wasting their time. One volunteer couldn’t finish MB training. I wanted to ask if it would be possible in a future to have a message on the website saying that training is not available when LMS is down.
Thank you.

It would seem this system has a significant amount of trouble during peak usage times such as early evening when either leaders are meeting or after people get off from work. Either way this is maddening. What if a unit had scheduled some training course time? This makes existing leadership look bad when when they are trying to recruit new volunteers and they cannot help them resolve these kinds of issues. BSA can be tough to navigate for new folks and this kind of barrier is very discouraging. This is day 4 for me across multiple systems just trying to complete one very important training module.

Slow response can be server or network related.

2022-10-05-A

I hope not since the training is done on one’s own and not as a group.

We would all love for it to work better. No one in the forums has any direct influence over improvements, though. It is frustrating, but the forums are full of people in your same spot.

1 Like

any word yet on getting this working ??

It was working for me earlier I was in the middle of a lesson but then it failed. I’m sure I’ll have to take that module again it’s super annoying that the platform can’t stay up.

Hello, YPT training is not loading, getting below error:

# This page isn’t working
training.scouting.org took too long to respond.
HTTP ERROR 504

It is happening for the past 2 days and i cannot complete the training. Please fix the issues. Thanks

The full link address is
https://training.scouting.org

Using this link removes one possible source of delay.

2020-10-05-A

The Training site is working this morning (10/6) 9:00 a.m. ET

I have a leader who renewed their YPT on 9/2/2022 and received the email certificate, but the YPT report and the internet rechartering site still has his YPT expiring on 10/13/2022. His BSA ID is 13436356. Can anyone take a look?

@AdrianDLG user is missing SCO-3009

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 10.56.11 AM

Thank you! Appreciate you looking into this for us.

As of 10:09 EST on 10/6/22 YPT training will not load. We get a spinning loading icon that never ends. This had been like this for the last several days. I tried on my account and my wife tried on hers. Same result on both. Can anyone out there help?

1 Like

Thanks so much. It seems it is working today.

1 Like

I have completed the YPT course on Friday night but still not yet updated , so I need to redo or it can be verified from back stage and renew my status ?
Kitty

@KittyTam - did you take all of the modules ?

@KittyTam you took the wrong course - you took the recommended not the Mandatory course